Thursday, March 3, 2011

A New Indie Song Everyday (A Million Tiny Anchors) 3-3-11

After thinking maybe I bit off more than I could chew, I discovered a little band in AZ.  Funny how I arrived here.  I guided the mouse did a little search and came across a band.  I looked at the image and thought  "Not Real Impressed".  So I scanned the page without even clicking on the music, after all it was one of the first to pop up in the searches and had to already be known.  Instead of listening to the first band, I came across a post by a friend or fan of that particular band.  She was advertising another band -X_(hello universe)_X- said: SERIOUSLY LISTEN TO... AMILLIONTINYANCHORS --INDIE/POP (: Jun 28.

So I did....and I liked it.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtyoKVv0pdM
http://www.purevolume.com/AMILLIONTINYANCHORS


What struck me first and foremost was the image, some young guy fairly emo and genuine in appearance.  I looked a little further and saw a quote. "As humans we all have set backs, or things that hold us down. For me it feels like I've experienced a million tiny anchors."  I know the feeling.  What a brilliant quote!  I pondered for a moment the thought process that must have went into the music and proceeded to give my ears.

With all the technology, I wasn't sure if A Million Tiny Anchors had other live musicians or if Matt the singer was a solo act.  Honestly, I am still not sure if other musicians are involved in the project?  Tried a little searching to find out if others played, but came up empty. 

Moving on, the first song I heard was Partly Cloudy Dreams.  The song starts out with a happy catchy tune.  Quickly, the lyrics make us realize this is not so happy of a moment.  With an open, raw, deep, passionate emotion, Matt vividly describes a bed scene.  I get the sense he is searching for clarity in a relationship that has been somewhat not what either expected.  He goes on to say, "sorry for the words I misunderstood that day".  The word Love comes to my mind and A Million Tiny Anchors does not sugar-coat the truth.  It is a pure song about experiencing that confused emotion that Love has made us all feel at some time or another. 

After hearing the heartfelt music, I looked for a video to put with the song.  And while watching Matt's videos I could see the love he has for making his music.  Without a care in the world, he would play for one as he would for many.  Playing music is what he craves, it is his life line.  To see a singer/songwriter play for the heart and the meaning without caring what the big labels think is what I discovered today.  Matt states, "he doesn't care about the latest trends or what bands should sound like in order to get a massive record deal."   I say in turn, passion truly is what people want even if they do not realize.  So Matt, I encourage you to play to your hearts content what you love and care not what trends pass because you, my friend, are a trend setter.

A Million Tiny Anchors your music moves me.  I am glad our paths have crossed and I hope to see many great songs come from your heart and soul.     




 

No comments:

Post a Comment