Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A New Indie Song Everyday (Something Simple) 3-23-11

Today we have very raw duo Something Simple with Backstage Screenplay.  Acoustic has a certain quality that appeals to me.  It screams out I am real look at me here I am!  I appreciated the title to this song and was curious about its contents.

Find Something Simple here:
www.myspace.com/somethingsimplemusic
http://www.unsigned.com/somethingsimple

Backstage Screenplay really seems to be about creating a perfect atmosphere that is camera ready.  Those magnificent cinematic moments we see in movies are really what Something Simple depicts for me.  With descriptive lyrics like, "camera roles backdrop ride lighting up our scene one starry night".  It makes me think of 3 point lighting of just stars, but not that we see any in the bright city.  Songs like this make it nice to think about the ideal love setting where you are the center of attention.  The song takes an unexpected turn with the words "Cut".  Backstage Screenplay seems to take a 180 and reverse meaning at this point.  I begin to wonder why he states, "Calling out your Bluff".  I thought all was going well did I miss something?  So maybe it is they are acting fake?

No comments:

Post a Comment