Sunday, March 6, 2011

A New Indie Song Everyday (Quiet Hostility) 3-6-11

After a hard night of disappointment from the Mardi Gras Party at Poor David's Pub I was really hoping to find something heavier to appease me.  A few words of a rant, Corey Ledet and His Zydeco Band would have blew these guys away.  I came intentionally to the Party/Live Music Gumbo Cook off to see the real instruments but instead they were replaced with a sound effects keyboard.  SCREAM!!!!  This blog really tries to spotlight great shining artist who are true to the creativity and individuality music provides.  The band was still a good band but I was going for Authentic and yes I do realize a keyboard is an instrument.  Luckily I found Quiet Hostility to take my mind off of the frustration today.  Not much of an interesting story on the search to find them but somehow our paths have crossed.

Quiet Hostility can be found here http://www.myspace.com/quiethostility

The song Hidden Clause starts out hard hitting with those punchy riffs then lands into a melodic undertone.  The first time through I could not concentrate on the lyrics I was jamming so hard.  The second time around the meaning surfaced.  Obviously, I knew a hidden clause was the point of the song, but I thought with the lyrics, "I would give my life for yours and you have found the hidden clause," was simply he would give his life.  Just when I thought I had it figured out, he very cleverly and quickly jolts in the word Love.  I'm found thinking this is a Love song.  Yes, it is a resistant love clause, but still it is love.  A pressured and stressed love but still a love that has almost been wrote in an agreement to defend.  The heartfelt lyrics are a nice touch on an otherwise aggressive song.  Hidden Clause shows that men can have a gruff exterior but still have some softness underneath. 

This metal song is especially nice since it does not have an overpowering reminder of 80's hair band days or 90's grunge.  It strikes a happy balance with the music of the 2000's.  I did in fact enjoy listening and deciphering my interpretation of Hidden Clause.

Good Rock'n Out in Brisbane, QLD Australia.  I am definitely a new fan in Dallas, TX USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment